Listing your home is a lot easier said than done. It doesn’t just come down to making the decision to sell – there are a lot of things that have to be done to the house before it will be ready to list. If you just throw your house onto the market and call it a day, there’s a good chance your home will remain on the market for much longer than anticipated.
However, preparing your home for listing takes a lot of time and energy, something that most homeowners don’t have that much of to spare. This is why you should strongly consider working with a real estate agency, such as Carrington Real Estate. Our highly trained agents and extensive resources will help you prepare your home, so it's ready to be listed. Here are some of the services we help you with:
Find the Right Value
The last thing you want to do is undervalue your home, as you will lose money on the sale. Nor do you want to overprice your home, since this will result in your property sitting on the market untouched for months on end. The following are a few of the ways in which we can help to value your home properly:
- Agent Expertise – Our agents are familiar with both the local real estate market in your area and national trends. We can then use the information to accurately predict marketing trends that will help determine the value of your home.
- Extensive Resources – We do more than a Comparative Market Analysis to help determine your home's potential value. We personally come to your property to assess it's worth, depending on the home's condition, location, etc. We also take a look at current market trends to help you determine if now is a great time to sell.
Assist With the Property Appraisal
One of the most important steps that you have to take before listing your home is to get it appraised. Unfortunately, many appraisers will appraise the home for a value below what it’s actually worth. This is because they may not be familiar with the local market. We can help provide the appraiser with information about other similar homes in the same area, as well as make recommendations to you for minor repairs that will help increase your home’s appraisal.
Assist With Marketing Efforts
Getting information about your home out to the world is something that requires a lot more effort than you might think. The following are a few ways in which we can assist in the marketing of your home:
- Staging - We will help you find a professional stager to stage your home in order to make the presentation of your home as attractive as possible.
- Photographs - We will also help you to find a professional photographer to take high quality pictures of your home. The listings that get the most attention from potential buyers are those that have the most professional pictures.
- Advertising - When it comes to advertising your house, we have a number of resources both online and offline that will help get your home as much exposure as possible.
As you can see, there are a lot of things that have to be done in order to prepare your home before you can list it on the market. Here at Carrington Real Estate, we will do the heavy lifting for you using our extensive resources. While you will have input and final say on whatever we do, you won’t have to stress out about any facet of the listing process. For additional information and advice about selling your home, be sure to contact us at Carrington Real Estate today.